How To Submit Photos
- Michigan /
- How To Submit Photos
Photos can become a time consuming thing for our flat fee mls listing. This page is designed to help you with photos.
Broker / owner
- All photos must be in .jpg format. The MLS will not accept embedded photos or anything other format.
- Open shades, turn on the lights, remove the clutter. This wil produce a superior shot.
- Photos should be email to us prior to going live. Remember, we will list you in the mls. After it is listed it will begin datafeeding to all other sites like realtor.com, zillow, trulia and others. If you submit some now and some later, they may not all datafeed or in the right order.
- Photo's should be emailed as an "Attachment" to us. We can do goolge, dropbox or other means but we do not join places to download photos. We would need to have a link to them without creating a login to any site.
- We will put the photos in a logical order for you but if you want them in a specific order then you need to rename them on your computer like, 1.jpg, 2.jpg and so on. This way when we get them and upload to the mls they will upload in your exact order.
- Be careful not to just email them over without looking at the name of the photo! If you email photos from a phone, many times they are named the same thing. When we get them they just over write each other! So, each photo must be named differently.
- We have no control over how many photos datafeed to other 3rd party sites like zillow, realtor.com & trulia. We input a listing, add photos and they should all datafeed but remember they are 3rd party sites so some restrictions may apply.
- Most people that take photos end up with large files like 3 to 7 megs. These are huge files. Remember, the photos in the mls are small images that have to load fast so photos are compressed from the mls. If you cannot compress photos send only 4 or so at a time. Otherwise the file will be too large and we will never get them.
- The ideal size if you compress photos would be 200kb to 400kb. Any photos received under 50kb will usually show as a small, thumbnail image or poor quality.
- Compressing photos. There are many free photo editing places on the web, just google it.
- DO NOT send photos over with an email telling us which photo goes where, they are small images, you will need to rename them as above.
- If we have to redo photos or add later there is a $25 fee to redo them (unless you've chosen the full service listing).
Broker / owner