Kermath Realty's Listing Steps
Additional things to help you sell quickly & for top dollar!
Completed ALL listing documents, photos and a description. These are below in either .pdf for you to print, fill in and return or digitally.
In order for us to list your home in the mls we will need:
||Every home in the mls has to have this, it establishes the listing price, date, commission should there be a buyers agent along with other things. NOTE: You should offer the standard 3% to a buyers agent. If not we risk agents avoiding our listing.
||Required by state, discloses the condition of your home and all mechanical systems. If in doubt disclose, you do not want any liability later so be honest, complete, initial, date and sign.
||Required by state even on new homes. Discloses the known precense of lead based paint. There is a checkbox if the home was built after 1978 but we still need the form to list.
||Discloses the relationship we have with you. If you are full service then we have a fiduciary responsibility to you. If limited service we do not but still a required form.
||Each MLS has it's own datasheet. This "Datasheet" give us the information to input your property into the mls. Make sure it is completed as best you can or there will be delays.
Once we have the docs, photos and remarks, we will input your listing within 24 hours and get a "Partially saved listing to you to proof for any errors. You proof it then we go live! We'll also get the sign and or lockbox out too so make sure you confirm the address where to mail the sign.
- Photos: Photos can become a time consuming thing. We will put them in a logical order but if you want them in a specific order then you should rename them on your computer like, 1.jpg, 2.jpg, 3.jpg and so on, this way they will automatically upload in your order. PHOTOS MUST BE IN .JPG FORMAT. Click here for more info on how to do photos.
- Remarks: Each MLS allows specific characters but most will allow up to 1,000 characters including spaces. The best bet is to email us the remarks so we can paste them right into the listing.
- Double check you are in our database! Potential buyers need a way to find you. If they do you will save all of the commission (less our up front fee). Click here to go to our client area to verify you're in the database.
2. LISTING AGREEMENT: Do this digitally below or click here for the .pdf version. All homes listed in the MLS must have this. Ideally you should offer 3% othewise you risk some agents avoiding your home! We want this to work and it works better working "With" agents, not against them, this means offering the standard fee.
NOTE: Make sure you scroll down to complete each form! We are enclosing both .pdf ( you can open print and save on your computer or print or do the form digitally which we think is easier, but you can do either way.
Datasheet: This sheet gives us the necessary data to input your home into the MLS. Each MLS has it's own datasheet specific to that MLS / part of the state. NOTE: If you do not fill this in completely we cannot input it. Choose the county the property is in.
1. DATASHEET FOR YOUR AREA. SELECT YOUR COUNTY: This datasheet will give us the actual info to input your listing into the MLS.
CHOOSE YOUR COUNTY ABOVE TO GET YOUR DATASHEET.
THE COUNTY WILL SHOW BELOW AFTER YOU DO.
Click on the name of the datasheet above to fill out. NOTE: If this returns 2 datasheets then you're in an area with overlapping MLS's so you should be in both of them and complete both forms.
YOU WILL NEED TO COMPLETE ALL DOCS BELOW IN ADDITION TO THE DATASHEET ABOVE. MAKE SURE YOU SCROLL DOWN THROUGH ALL OF THEM AS YOU COMPLETE ONE THEN GO TO THE NEXT ONE.
3. PDF FORM: Lead Based Paint Disclosure: Even homes built after 1978 must have this signed.Digital lead based paint form:
4. PDF FORM: Sellers Disclosure: Discloses the condition of items in your home. Be honest here, you do not want to give a buyer the opportunity to come back later if something wasn't disclosed. If in doubt, disclose!
5. PDF FORM: Agency Relationship. Describes the relationship we have with you as listing agent. Limited service or Full service.
- Welcome Letter: This is a must read! It will save you time explaining how the process works and give you important tips on selling your home.
- Home Warrantee: A home warrantee provides peace of mind for many buyers & can sometimes be the determining factor whether or not you make a deal, especially if there are inspection issues.. The fee for a home warrantee varies but is usually around $400. We order many warranties for clients.
- Title Insurance: As a seller, you have to provide good "Title" to the buyer. The cost for title is regulated by the state. Many people think if they order title from the company they had it done by before, they'll pay less. This is not necessarily true. You can order "Title" from many companies. One of the companies that has provided outstanding service with quick closings is Liberty Title. Liberty Title covers all of the greateer Detroit area west to Lansing. See Liberty Title for more information.
- Staging: This is perhaps the greatest area overlooked when selling a home. The more perfect / turn key you make your home, the faster it will sell & for a higher price. There are many sites to help you, here's one.